This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) covers the personal information that CO2 Neutral label collects through co2-neutral-label.org , applications, products, and services owned or controlled by CO2logic or its parent company South Pole or Websites that post a link to this Notice.
CO2 Neutral label – CO2logic S.A. (“CO2logic”, “we” or “us”) is a company incorporated under Belgian law, having its registered office at 47 Cantersteen, 1000 Brussels, Belgium, registered with the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises (central business register) under number 886.147.359, which is the owner of the website: https://www.co2-neutral-label.org/
We do not collect any personally identifiable data from visitors to this website other than when you subscribe to any of our services. The basis on which we collect such data and other relevant information is set out in our Data Privacy Notice below.
Our contact details
If you have any queries about our websites or about how we process your data, you can contact us as at info@CO2logic.com
Changes to the Privacy Notice
This privacy notice was last updated in May 2022.
Please note that we may update thai privacy notice from time to time and will publish any updates on our websites.Where we have an engagement with you, we will notify you of any changes we make to this Privacy Notice. In other circumstances, we will publish the revised Privacy Notice on our website.
The types of personal information we may collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers (Your name)
- Contacts details (Your work contact details)
- Employment data (Your employer’s name, your job title)
- Technical information (Your internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, operating system type and other technology on the devices you use to access this website)
- Usage information (Information about how you use our website, products and services)
- Marketing and communications information (Your marketing preferences from us and third parties and your communication preferences).
How we collect your personal information
We collect personal information in the following ways:
- Directly from you -when you communicate with us
- Cookies (and automated technologies or interactions) – we may automatically collect technical information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal information by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. Please see below for more information on cookies.
- Third parties – we may receive personal information about you from various third parties including technical data from analytics partners like Google, from advertising networks like Google Adwords and Linkedin, from search engine providers like Google and Big (Bing Webmaster Tools), from technical, payment and delivery service providers like Worldpay and lifestyle and demographic insight data from third party segmentation/marketing partners
- Third Party Websites – when you use our websites or otherwise engage with us, you may receive links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we would please encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit as that will govern how that website will process your personal information.
How we use your data
We collect your data so that we can:
- ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us (for example, carbon credits transactions through our webshop)
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so
- notify you about changes to those existing services and new services that we offer that are relevant to you
- better understand the ways in which users interact with our site and Services; and to promote our Services.
Your information is yours and we will never share it with advertisers.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If you have consented to us sharing your personal information in this way
- If all, or substantially all of our assets are merged with or acquired by a third party, in which case your personal information may form part of the transferred or merged assets and you will be deemed to consent to this. If this happens, we will do our best keep you informed
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or others.
Legal basis for processing your personal information
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Where we have your specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose (for example, where we contact you by email). You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting info@CO2logic.com.
- Where we process your personal information for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party).
- When we use our legitimate interests as the legal basis for processing your personal information, we will consider and balance any potential impact on you and your rights and freedoms before we process your personal information. We will only then proceed where we believe our interests are not overridden by the impact on you. Our legitimate interests include the interests of our organisation in conducting and managing our operations to enable us to give you the best service and the best and most secure experience. Specific examples of this include:
- Use of personal information to monitor use of our website (and apps) for technical purposes
- Where the processing of personal information is necessary to perform a contract with you (for example, where you have purchased a product from us).
- Where the processing of personal information is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation that applies to us (for example, in some instances, we may be required to share your information with regulators or law enforcement agencies) or to use your information for due diligence or ethical screening purposes.
Transfer of personal data outside the EEA
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. If data is transferred outside of the EEA we will ensure special safeguards are in place to ensure protection travels with the data.
Storing your personal data
We store your Personal Information for different time periods depending on the category of the Personal Information. Some information may be deleted automatically based on specific schedules, such as marketing information. Other information e.g. account information, may be retained for a longer period of time based on the Agreement you have with us. Finally, we may further retain information for business practices based on our legitimate interests or legal purposes, such as network improvement, fraud prevention, record-keeping, or enforcing our legal rights.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
Your data protection rights
Your rights under the GDPR include the following:
- The right at any time to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data for marketing purposes.
- The right to be informed of what personal data we hold, how we obtained it, who we may have shared it with and why and how long we intend to keep it.
- The right to have your personal data rectified in the event that it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to request the erasure of your personal data (also called the right to be forgotten), subject to our retention policy.
- The right to restrict the processing of your personal data.
- The right to data portability (i.e. transfer of your personal data at your request to another organisation).
- The right to be informed of any automated profiling (We currently do not process your personal data in this manner).
- Your rights above can be exercised free of charge by contacting us as described below.
In all cases, we will need to satisfy ourselves of your identity before we can action a subject access request. We will usually require proof of identity such as a passport or driver’s licence.
Right to Complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at info@CO2logic.com
If you feel that any of your rights have been infringed, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Belgian Privacy Protection Commission at this address https://www.dataprotectionauthority.be/citizen/actions/lodge-a-complaint
The Services are intended to be used by adults and corporate entities interested in South Pole. They are not intended for children, and South Pole does not knowingly collect or store personal information about children under the age of 13.
We use appropriate technical, organisational, and administrative security measures to protect any Personal Information we store from loss, misuse, and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.